Why use an online water in fuel monitor?
An online water in fuel monitor is a device that detects the presence of water in a fuel system 24/7. Water is the main reason for rust, corrosion as well as unwanted damage to components that are in contact with the fuel. Water also lowers the energy value of a fuel. Modern fuel systems seem to be moving away from lower-pressure systems. This means that many of these new fuel systems do not tolerate any amount of free water.
The EASZ-2 measures total water content
The EASZ-2 is not a typical moisture sensor. It is fast response and not limited in it’s measurement range when using the FR version. It can measure both gradual moisture increases and also the presence of free water in real time. Operators will know the condition of their oil 24/7 and whether an event has occurred, e.g., a sudden increase in water droplets in the fuel. It can also detect an empty pipe condition.
How does water get into fuel?
- Poor quality suppliers
- Condensation – temperature changes
- Leaks in a system
- Atmospheric humidity
- Unprotected vents
- Seal wear and tear
- Seal failure
- Contaminated bearings
- Spot sampling failures/reliance on individuals to take proper samples
- System design errors
Do you want to control the amount of water in fuel?
The EASZ-2 is a simple way to monitor and control the amount of water in fuel systems. It comes with a 4-20 mA output and Modbus. The Modbus option is built into our circuitry and the operator can interface, calibrate and set parameters remotely. Newer versions are also Bluetooth-enabled, so it will not be necessary to open the transmitter box to configure the instrument.
- Explosive Atmosphere Certified (Exd)
- Low-range and full-range options
- 4-20mA, Modbus, Alarm Outputs
- Bluetooth enabled
- Stainless steel sensor element
- Temperature compensation (internal & external)
- Standard calibration option and custom curves
- Online water in fuel reporting
- Most Fuel types e.g. Diesel, Gasoline, HFO, Biodiesel
- Engine protection
- Gas Condensate quality
- Water in Fuel Emulsions
- Fuel Separator Control
- Marine and Shipbuilding
- Military Vessels
- Power Plants
- Engine Fuel
- Fuel Quality Monitoring
- Electric Vehicle Lithium Storage Oil